- This event has passed.
ACI Masonry Field Testing Technician Certification
February 4, 2020 @ 7:30 am - February 5, 2020 @ 4:00 pm UTC+0
Take advantage of the opportunity to obtain the ACI Masonry Field Testing Technician Certification. The Minnesota Concrete Council is pleased to be able to offer this certification program to the Minnesota concrete community.
A Masonry Field Testing Technician is an individual who has demonstrated the knowledge and ability to perform sample preparation and testing of masonry construction-related materials—including materials for brick, structural clay tile, concrete masonry units, prisms, mortars, and grouts—in the field.
Scope and Knowledge:
The program requires a working knowledge of field procedures selected from the following ASTM test methods and practices:
- C67—Sampling and Testing Brick and Structural Clay Tile
- C140/C140M—Sampling and Testing Concrete Masonry Units and Related Units
- C780 and C780 Annex—Preconstruction and Construction Evaluation of Mortars for Plain and Reinforced Unit Masonry
- C1019—Sampling and Testing Grout
- C1314—Compressive Strength of Masonry Prisms
The program is based on content from the following ASTM Specifications and Test Methods;
- C67 – Test Method for Sampling and Testing Brick and Structural Clay Tile
- C90 – Specification for Loadbearing Concrete Masonry Units
- C109 – Test Method for Compressive Strength of Hydraulic Cement Mortars
- C140 – Test Methods for Sampling and Testing Concrete Masonry
- C270 – Specification for Mortar for Unit Masonry
- C780 – Test Method for Preconstruction and Construction Evaluation of Mortars of Plain and Reinforced Unit Masonry
- C1019 – Test Method for Sampling and Testing Grout
- C1314 – Test Method for Compressive Strength of Masonry Prisms
- C1552 – Practice for Capping Concrete Masonry Units, Related Units and Masonry Prisms for Compression Testing